Thursday, February 5, 2009

My future

My Future

My name is Genesis Imbert. I am twenty three years. A lot of things have changed since I was younger. Well first I am an x-ray technician. Also I am a happily married woman. I got married about three years ago. And I am also trying to be good example for my younger brother and sister “who are now twelve and seven”. I don’t have any children. But I want to have children in the near future. It’s very important to me to have a family. Now that my career is stable and so is my husband. I hope that it happens very soon.

I simply love my job. It’s exciting and most of all I get to help people and that’s what I always wanted. I went to Stanford-Brown institute for two years. And that was great for me because I never enjoyed school. Then when I graduated a few months later I got my first job working at New York Presbyterian hospital. Where I am still working. That’s where I was born so it’s a special place for me. I have been there for three years now. My workmates are really fun; it gets really busy at my job. My job is mainly that I am able to spot problems that require emergency treatment. And I do that by reading their x-rays. My husband and I share the same passion for helping people that’s why he is in the medical career also. He is a doctor in a clinic downtown. We both hope can instill those same values into our children someday.

My husband proposed to me when I was nineteen years old and we got married when I was twenty. We had a nice wedding not too big and not too small. We live in a cozy small apartment in Manhattan. It is so cute one bedroom one bath. Hopefully we won’t stay here long since we do want to start a family. I would like to have started family by the time I am twenty eight years old. I want to move into a home outside the city maybe in Connecticut, and raise my children in small town. I was raised in the city, so I know how kids can be distracted. By the “bright lights as people” say. One of my future plans is to raise my children around a lot of love, understanding and support. I want them to have a caring altitude as my husband and I have.

My family is very important to me. My mom who is now raising my almost teenage brother and my seven year old sister. In a way there like my children. I watched them grow up and become young people. They both come to my house every other weekend so my mom could have a break. When they come it’s like having my own taste of how children can be. Their very smart and are both thinking about important things at an early age. They are also planning what they want to be when they grow up. My mom on the other hand is still working as a medical assistant. She loves what she does. I guess that is where I get from. My dad, who I didn’t want to know anymore, died about two years ago. He died from lung cancer. The doctors told him that since he had one lung he shouldn’t smoke, but he didn’t listen. That’s the price you pay. He died a slow and painful death.

My Friends are as important to me as my family. Without them I don’t know how I would able to get though the day sometimes. Especially my best friend Pazion. We have known each other for nine years. She is more like my older sister than my best friend. I love my other Friends of course like John, Kyrs, Selena, Elizabeth. John who was one of the best teachers I have ever met, and taught me so much about life. He has proven to be one of my dearest friends. Also Kyrs, Selena and Elizabeth who have been with me though it all. And who I still have regular shopping trips with. We usually go to those little clothing shops in Soho.

Five years from now I would hope I would have a least two children. Maybe even go back to school and reach a higher level in my career. Hopefully even build my own home in Connecticut. Who knows maybe I will adopt a child like my mother did.

No comments: